09 October, 2009
My boys love messy, sensory "experiment" type activities. I love these types of activities too, and for those of you who need to know, they involve all sorts of curriculum connections. Math, Science, Reading, Art... But most importantly, they are lots of fun.
I have found many great activities in a favorite book of mine titled The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions. I have used it for years, and it is one of Noah's favorites. He pulls it off the shelf almost daily and asks to make something. We made SLIME the other day, and it turned out really well. You remember SLIME, don't you? It came in the little garbage can...
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 c water
1 cup white glue
1 1/3 c warm water
4T Borax laundry booster
HOW TO CONCOCT:
1. Mix ingredients in Solution A together in a medium bowl.
2. Mix ingredients in solution B together in another bowl until Borax is dissolved.
3. Slowly pour Solution A into Solution B. Do not mix!!
4. Roll around solutions 4-5 times. (I let it sit a few minutes.)
5. Lift Solution A out of Solution B and knead 2-3 minutes. Play!
6. Store in air tight container.
visit the horse barns at UNH! The boys and I went over yesterday with some friends and had a great time! Our friends visit often and had some old apples with them; you can feed the horses unless a sign on their stall indicates otherwise. We fed the horses, played in the grass-- the boys loved it!