20 November, 2008

What you get when you ask for a picture...


We follow pretty independent paths here in our family. Or very dependent, depending upon whom you may ask to judge. This has been born of both philosophy and necessity. We support the idea of respectful living, honoring the needs/desires of the individual while loving and honoring our unique group, and child-led experience. My husband and I are both pretty independent spirits. We would not tell each other what to do/think, and we try to show this respect to our children, as well. For the most part, anyway.

Noah does not usually draw pictures of people, which is exactly what I asked him to do the other day, on his easel. I don't generally do this, but figured a bit of Mama interference couldn't be all that bad. Here is his picture. He worked very hard on it, making it quite detailed, although it doesn't come through well in the picture.

Noah "Mama, do you know what this is between its legs?" Me, holding my laughter, "Tell me about it, Noah."

Noah "It's his penis. A very, very tall penis."

No comments: